Blog Archive

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Sonakshi Sinha: Nobody calls an actor with a big bottom ‘thunder thighs’


Sonakshi Sinha’s transformation has been quite inspirational to say the least. From an overweight teenager, she lost kilos to make her film debut with Dabangg but people still found her on the heavier side. Six years later, she is a svelte lady and her style quotient has also upped considerably. In an interview with Times Life, the lady stated that seeing herself fitter motivated her immensely to get better results. She quoted, “I think the result is my biggest motivation. I’ve always been a confident person, ever since my teenage years when I was at my heaviest. Very little of what people said about my weight affected me. I could only lose all that weight when I made up my own mind about it. I wanted to take a step towards being healthy.” (Also Read: Are Sonakshi Sinha and Bunty Sachdev going strong?)


The actress also said that comparing one’s body to someone’s else was the worst thing a person could do. She said she was at her fittest right now, a milestone she achieved without any quick fixes. Well, that is clearly evident as Sona has toned her body slowly but steadily over the years. And her attitude is one thing we totally love. (Also Read: Sonakshi Sinha to go solo on Koffee with Karan 5?)


The actress also opened up about body-shaming and said it was sad that women were subjected to such scrutiny in the industry. She said, “Body shaming is as bad as racism, discrimination and bullying. Society keeps telling us that it is good to look a certain way and anything other than that is bad or ugly. As women, we have been fed with images that convince us `thin is beautiful’. We don’t realise we all aren’t meant to look the same. Young girls at an impressionable age succumb to this pres sure and it ruins their health. I would never want any girl to feel like that; and I will feel happy if I am able to influence even one person to be comfortable in her own skin. Whatever you are -tall, short, skinny, chubby -it is important to feel happy and not risk your health.” These are indeed words of wisdom for zillions of young girls out there who would literally anything to get a size zero figure.


Sona also rued that women in Bollywood were subjected to more body-shaming than men. She opined in the interview, “In my experience, and the field that I am in, body shaming is definitely directed to women far more. Men are given the freedom to look however they want to. Nobody calls an actor with a big bottom `thunder thighs’, but an actress is subject to such labels. The sad part is that certain sections of the media encourage this. I have been targeted on more than one occasion, and on more body parts than one. It’s important to rise over and above all the negativity and not let it affect you.”


We know that the barbs directed at her were quite nasty at times but the Force 2 actress never let that affect her morale. She said, “I guess that’s how I am programmed. I try and find humour in situations and not take myself too seriously. I try and have fun with whatever it is I’m doing.It just makes life way easier and less complicated.”


 


 


 


 


0 on: "Sonakshi Sinha: Nobody calls an actor with a big bottom ‘thunder thighs’"