Blog Archive

Theme images by Storman. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Ishqbaaz’s Nakuul Mehta is a fan of Shaheer Sheikh’s work in Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi



In a year when TV’s leading men have been loving and super supportive of their women, Nakuul Mehta’s Shivaay Singh Oberoi in Ishqbaaz has come like a sharp contradiction. The wedding track is the talk of the town. The actor won the Best Actor Award at AVTA 2016 and spoke to Bollywood Life about what makes Shivaay unique and special….


Did you expect the award at AVTA 2016?
To be honest and fair, the character and the show is a good one. It has been well-received by people. I take great pride in whatever I do. So, I was ‘not’ not expecting the honour.


From Shaheer Sheikh in KRPKAB to Vivian Dsena in Shakti, this has been an year for male actors. Who did you feel was your toughest competitor?
As a TV actor, you do not get time to consume your own work. There is hardly any time left to watch what your peers are doing. I used to wonder why film actors say it is tough to catch up on what others are doing but now I realise what they meant. When you are shooting for a show, you are totally into it with very little free time. I have seen bits of Shaheer’s Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi and it I feel it is a very good and realistic show. He has done a great job. Vivian Dsena is a dear friend. All are doing a good job and delivering their best, which is why they are loved.


(Also Read: Ishqbaaz: Anika to give a TIGHT SLAP to Shivaay)


Whom would you give credit to for Shivaay Singh Oberoi?
It is actually full credit to my writers and producers. The makers were willing to bet money on me to play this role when I played a diametrically opposite character in my last show, Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara. It took a lot of guts on their side. SSO is totally different from Nakuul. That is what I love about my role…the chance to do be someone who is just not me. I am absolutely loving it. While I do come with a pedigree in real life, I do not share any of SSO’s values and thoughts.


You come from Prithviraj Chauhan’s dynasty. Did you take any inspiration from your forefathers?
I did not consciously look into it. Yes, I do come from an amazingly illustrious background. The walls of my home are adorned with pictures of my forefathers. They fought all the wars. There is a lifesize portrait of my great-grandfather, which is 150 years old. When you see them in their military wear, the sense of royalty unknowningly seeps into you. I was also reading my dad’s novel Guns And Glories while shooting for Ishqbaaz, so maybe sub-consciously I got some reference points.


Shivaay is a total chauvinist. Did the character not bother you in this feminist wave on TV?
As an actor, you choose your own roles. I like to be unabashed. If he is a chauvinist, there is no point in going half way just to keep a few people happy. There are characters like Shivaay in society and as an actor you portray what you see around you. We want people to feel Anika’s pain. It would be selfish to alter the character just to obtain a middle path. We are not making a preachy show but people should and must have problems with someone like Shivay.


 


0 on: "Ishqbaaz’s Nakuul Mehta is a fan of Shaheer Sheikh’s work in Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi"